Monday, February 27, 2017

H Pillow


I finished up this pillow last week (or maybe the week before that--yikes!) and I'm so happy with its cuteness!


A few years ago, I made an L pillow for one of my sons' friend's birthday. And apparently, Miss L's little sister was so enamored by the pillow that she kept asking when she would be getting her own H pillow.

Her mama contacted me to see if I could knock one of these out for her birthday, and how could I say no? It especially doesn't hurt that Miss H is a serious cutie patootie.


The construction wasn't terribly complicated. I cut a 14.5" square panel out of that fun chevron print I bought ages ago with plans to use it for my niece's quilt. It didn't work out with my plans for my niece, but this is a super awesome use of it! I basted it, and FMQ'd it all together. I almost never stipple, but this seemed like a fun time to use that particular FMQ pattern. After that, I cut out two H's, sewed them together, leaving a space along one of the sides, then turned it right side out. It needed a good press, then I topstitched it down to the panel, using a turquoise thread because I thought it would add a bit of flavor.

The back is an envelope closure, in keeping with the L pillow I made a few years ago.


I'm so excited to pop this in the mail for Miss H! Happy Monday, Friends. I hope your last few days of February are stellar!

4 comments:

  1. This is darling! I love love love that ziggy stripe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too precious! I'm keeping this is mind for the flock of kiddos in my family that like handmade goodies. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always such a thrill when someone asks you to make something, isn't it? Because those are the people you want to be creating for. You know they'll cherish the quilt or pillow you've made for them. : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...