Saturday, August 22, 2015

Felicity Dress, Take 2.


Hi, Friends. Maybe this me-making-apparel business isn't *completely* hopeless. After sewing up a Felicity dress that made me feel like a marshmallow, I was a bit defeated. (There were tears.) The end product was okay, but I kept thinking, I can do better.

And I totally did.


While I desperately wanted to move on in my crusade to find the perfect dress, I knew I should make another version of this one and see if I could make it fit better. For Felicity #2, I did a number of things differently, but none of them were crazy. I used a voile instead of a linen. The pattern mentioned linen would be okay to use, but the linen I used was much too heavy. I cut a size down. I raised the waist line. And all of those small, simple changes transformed this dress into a much more exciting affair.


The lapped zip is not perfect. It's my one big problem with this dress. But you know what? I can totally deal with that.


I'm not sure the Felicity Dress is my perfect dress, but I'll definitely wear this one again. Do you have a perfect dress pattern? If so, I'd love to hear about it!

This is Finish #2 from my Q3 FAL list.

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely, positively a win! And only you could pull off that amazing voile. There are many dress patterns I've considered making, but I'm too much of a fraidy cat to give them a go. I'm going to live vicariously through your garment-making triumphs instead. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. squeal! It's beautiful, Audrey! Nice job! I want to find my favorite dress some day. I bought the Sis Boom Jamie Dress pattern years ago, but never tried it out. One day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like it fits so much better than the last one! Awesome job! I love the fabric, too, so fun and colorful!! I don't have a perfect dress pattern... yet. Still searching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the fabric - so perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...