Monday, April 20, 2015

A Happy Green Mini Quilt and Some Other Stuff

In the last week or so, I've had three small finishes from my Q2 FAL list. Since my list is about a bajillion items long, that still leaves me with a bajillion minus three to complete, but I've started, and this mini is the first I get to share with you.


A friend of mine is moving into a new place soon, and I thought she needed a small mini quilt to liven up her walls. That green is her favorite color, and I used some of the LV EPP flowers I've been making. It's not fussy. I didn't do much quilting--I left the appliqued flower lines to do that business for me--and the backing is the same green fabric as the front--a Moda grunge fabric that converted me to Moda grunge fabrics--but I like it, and I hope my friend will too. This is finish #1 of 14.


Also on the table for this week were suck pads. (Isn't that the most horrible name? But there it is.) For funsies, I told my husband I made suck pads, and he grimaced and looked at me as though I'd lost it. It was fun. Poor man.


(Suck pads are made to protect my Ergo baby carrier straps from the inevitable baby slime.)

I have been enlisted to make an additional four sets for other babywearing mamas in my life. But they take about five minutes to make*, so it's not that big of a deal.

*That may be a slight exaggeration.


Finally, I made my husband a bow tie. The plan was that I would make myself a pretty new dress, and I'd make him a bow tie, and I'd dress our three kidlets in matching shirts and we'd all look adorable for the family photos we were supposed to take this evening at a lovely park. The weather is not cooperating for an outdoor shoot, and my dress isn't done, but my husband loves his bow tie, and he proudly wore it to work today, and he was so adorable, and it made my heart so happy to know that I had made him something that he really really loved.

And now he wants a whole set of them. (Of course he does.) 

6 comments:

  1. I think your wall hanging is a brilliant use of those hexies, and I like the idea of a skinny rectangle to hang up. I feel a little wall-space-deprived (so many windows, too few places to hang quilts!), but that is the perfect shape to hang with other minis or feature solo in a tighter space. Yay for finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely gift for your friend to take to her new home with her. And I *love* how excited your husband is with the bowtie you made him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 3 finishes?? *cough* show off *cough* I really dig the texture in the grunge prints and it works well with the low volumes there. Seeing this inspires me to take my grunge project out for a spin again after having put it away cause we were fighting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that little wall hanging! So cute. And I was definitely confused by the term suck pad. I thought for a moment that maybe it was some sort of toy or something? I don't know. Babies are mysterious. But YAY for getting stuff done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a suck pad is isn't what I was thinking it was LOL.

    I am getting so addicted to grunge. I want to grunge everything! Your LV hexes look so great on it, but seriously, what doesn't look good with grunge?! I think they're going to be my new go-to solids whenever I need to pick up more solids.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to consult my list but I'm pretty sure you finished 3 more items from your list of a gazillion than I did from my list of two gazillion! Greta job!

    Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...