Wednesday, October 16, 2013

WIP: October.

Hi Y'all! I've been brainstorming and sketching and plotting and planning, and I think I have my basket plans for the Fabric Basket Swap. Eep! And at this point, I just need to sit down and do a ton of quilty math, which sounds tedious and boring, so might as well kick a few other things off my to-do list first, right? Right.


I finished the quilting on my niece's quilt. I just need to piece the binding and get 'er done. I handquilted part of this, did some backstitch embroidery, and also machine quilted it using both straight line quilting and FMQ. This totaled nine different types of thread in three different weights. Yikes! But I like the way it turned out.


More feathers! Hooray! I wanted to keep this bad boy for me, but my niece won out, and I will be sending it to her. I made sure to embroider her first initial, just in case I tried to change my mind again. Oh! And I've talked with a few of you about getting my paper pieced pattern for the arrow. I'm still working on it, I promise! I lost part of the pattern that I used, so I have to re-draw it, and then scan it in and email it. But I didn't forget you.


I finished the quilting on Lito's quilt, and I've started handstitching the binding.


I've cut fabric and started piecing Baby Kenna's quilt. I've also made a couple of small finishes, which I'll share with you on Friday, and I'm working on small goodies to include with my fabric basket, as well as a pillow to match my Rainbow Northern Lights. Yikes! That's a lot of stuff in the works! But it's a good kind of busy feeling, and I'm happy with my progress, so that's the most important thing.

What are you working on this week? I'm going to go peruse the lovelies at Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday party and get myself linked up. See you there?

8 comments:

  1. Loooove the hand quilting! I really must give that a shot... Like, SOON. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. personalizing the hand stitching with your nieces initials was smart thinking, I'm sure you'll be the favorite auntie after this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt. I love the hand quilting. Makes it even more special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right that that's a lot in the works, but your also smashing through it. They'd re all genuinely "in progress" so you should congratulate yourself.
    And they all look gorgeous :-)
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luv the hand quilting and the wonderful fabric colors as well. How sweet to give it to a niece. She will treasure if for many years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hand quilting looks so lovely! Can't wait to see the end product.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your hand quilting is fabulous. It adds such a wonderful dimension to this quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It might be my favorite part, thanks! I really do love it, even if I whined the entire time I was handstitching. :)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...