Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Pillows.

There are some things I've been meaning to show you, but I've been a bit lazy. Today, let's fix that! I have a bunch of pillows and pillows in progress to show off.


I've used my January Lucky Stars BOM block to make a cushion cover for an upcoming birthday present.


I've done a bit of handquilting in the dark blue star and gray border. I realized after making three blocks that I was not digging the fabrics I had pulled for the Lucky Stars BOM. I was dreading these stars, and I was not excited with the end results. So, I have abandoned that fabric stack and will use the three blocks I have made for other awesome projects--like this! But don't fear, I'm excited to pull another set of fabrics, this time, a stack that's not convenient but one I actually love, and I'll tackle another LS quilt sometime in the future.


I love this pincushion! (It's a baby pillow, right?) I made it for a bloggy friend who was sweet enough to send me some lovely Tula fabric. It measures 6" square, and it was fun to piece little tiny HSTs and flying geese, though I was a little paranoid and trimmed very, very carefully.


This was my first block for the MSBHQAL. I have big plans to make a hot pink broken herringbone block--blocks?--but my fabrics weren't placing nicely over the weekend, and I couldn't decide on the exact sashing fabric I wanted to use, so I set them aside and made up this rainbow block instead. It was just what I needed. I used fabrics from my rainbow Northern Lights quilt top--which I basted a few nights ago, woop woop!--and I'm going to turn this into a pillow cover and send it along when I finish the top.


And this churn dash block, destined to be another pillow. My mother's boyfriend has a very patriotic quilt, and for the holidays, I'm making a set of pillows to match the quilt. The fabrics are not my first choice. (I feel horribly unpatriotic saying that, but truth is truth.) I was really stuck searching for ideas for these pillows, when I say a lovely churn dash quilt and thought the design would work well with the fabrics. The covers will measure 18" square--that's a lot of churn dash to love!--and looking back, I wish I had paired one print with one solid as these are a little busy, but I think they'll like them, and that's what counts, right? Right.

 
Oh! And before I forget, Fiona from Finding Fifth was sweet enough to let me host Sunday Stash this weekend, and it would be lovely lovely lovely if you'd join me by linking up some lovely fabric stacks of your own! See you on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. I think your star pillow looks great! (and for that matter, all the others...) I've been doing more knitting than sewing lately, but I'm itching to be back at my sewing machine! soon......

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...