Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WIP: Flimsy Edition.


I finished this quilt top yesterday, and I was all set to start quilting, until I realized I had neglected to pick up batting! (Oops.) This quilt will be for my friend Val, who had a very specific idea of what she wanted, and because she paid for the fabric I love her so much, I didn't completely refuse her input, though I will confess that I did a few things differently than our "plan". She wants straight line quilting, so that's what I'll be doing! Though this is the first time I think I'll have to mark my lines. The top currently measures about 45" x 60", and she's very excited about it, so I better pick up some batting, and soon! 

I'm linking up today with WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

5 comments:

  1. Oh the things we do for our friends! I just saw Sissy Love in the tag line. Is this the fabric ya'll picked out on your trip?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has the mesh from Oink-A-Doodle-Moo in it! I am seriously in love with all the colours that comes in. I've never made a quilt where someone else had input in the design. Scary, but exciting, times! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely architecture in this quilt! Very interesting. Have fun quilting and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary! My friend found a design she liked, and come to find out, it was a quilt back made using the scraps from the front! But I couldn't talk her into anything else, so quilt-back-for-a-front it is! :)

      Delete
  4. That is so funny. Quilt backs are sometimes my favorite part too...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...