Wednesday, April 18, 2012

WIP Wednesday: The Gray and Yellow Edition

This week, there wasn't much time for me to get my quilt on, but what quilting I did fit in I did with gusto!

While I didn't start quilting the pinwheel quilt, I did manage to get three HST blocks done. I have a fourth, and then I'm all caught up. Repeated Note to Self: Always buy enough fabric the first time, and don't try to guess on the color when you go back to purchase more. It results in re-doing perfectly good blocks. But then, I guess the idea behind doing this QAL was to practice my HST skillz, so perhaps this is a disguised blessing? Yes, we'll call it that! I did this all on purpose!

Here's January's:


Skip February to March: 


And April's:


And if you're wondering about February, here are the fabrics I'm looking to use:


I'm not sure how the yellow and gray blocks will fit in with the all gray blocks. They admittedly feel like different projects, but I'm not sure how any of it will look together until it's all...well...together.

I also managed to piece together and baste my secret project, but no photos this week. For this next week, dare I say, I'd like to at least start quilting the pinwheel quilt? I'd also like to get my secret project quilted and the February block done. This may be expecting too much, but I find being over-ambitious suits.


WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


I'm linking up with Freshly Pieced.

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the all-gray blocks - when I saw your photo on Freshly Pieced, I wasn't sure if it was a black and white photo. I'll be interested to see how it all looks together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope it comes together alright! :)

      Delete
  2. I think it will work to mix the all gray blocks with the ones that also have yellow. I just wouldn't put all the yellow ones clumped together int he final layout. Then again, maybe if they were all in the same row... idk. I'm sure it will come together wonderfully in the end and you are certainly geting good HST practice along the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think they'll definitely have to be spread out. At this point, I'm thinking I might make 4 of the yellow and 8 of gray, then intersperse the yellow among the gray.

      But then, I've changed my mind about eighty times already, so who knows!? :)

      Delete
  3. Looking good!

    I'm intrigued about this secret project. Do I have the security clearance to know what it is? ;)

    Also, we did end up going for custard last night. But the line was out the door, so it took 40 minutes! I may have become BFFs with the people behind me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SS-You know I love you, but no one has security clearance. I may have it ready to exhibit for Show and Share next week? But maybe not.

      Did I tell you about when I went for custard and we went to get in the shortest line and these peeps yelled at us that they were here first and to get behind them? They apparently hadn't gotten the memo that there are THREE lines, not one. Ugh.

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a note! You've made my day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...